- Medical Device Authority Malaysia (MDA) approved
- Made in Korea
- Easy To Use
- Sensitivity : 91%, Specificity : 100%
- Result in 20 minutes
- 100% Genuine Product
- Suitable for Kids, Elderly & Adults
- Self Detection for Home Use
- Keep in room temperature (20ºC - 30ºC)
- Note : No eating/drinking/smoking 30 minutes before testing
If you see two red lines by C and T regions, it is a positive result. The lines can be distinct or faint. You are tested Covid-19 positive.
RT-PCR test is still required for a confirmation of a Covid-19 case. You are advised to seek medical attention immediately even though you might have no symptoms.
Do follow the current SOP given by the Malaysian Government (MKN).
If you see one red line by C, and no line by T, it is a negative result.
You probably do not have Covid-19. However, you are advised to continue monitoring for symptoms if you suspect you might be exposed to the virus as there is a chance for a false-negative result
If you develop symptoms later on, you are advised to do a RT-PCR test as confirmation
If you do not see any lines, or one line by T, it is an invalid result. The test did not work. You will need to do another test with a new test kit.
The RTK-Antigen Test is a screening tool, not a diagnostic tool!
1. This test can only detect SARS-CoV-2 antigen in human saliva only, not other specimen.
2. If the procedure is done incorrectly, it may cause inaccurate results.
3. False negative results happen if:
- The concentration of antigen in a specimen is below the detection limit of the test.
- The specimen was not collected or transported properly.
4. Positive results do not rule out co-infections with other pathogens.
Therefore, due to its limitation in detection range and sensitivity, RTK-Antigen test is used as a screening test and RT-PCR is used as confirmatory test to define a COVID-19 case.
If you have queries on the test, please seek for our pharmacist’s professional advice via WhatsApp (+6019-2822989) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is this test approved by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM)?
Yes, this test is registered and approved by the Medical Devices Authority (MDA) which is the medical devices division under the Ministry of Health.
2. Is this test accurate?
The accuracy of the test is referred to as the sensitivity and the specificity of the test. Based on the evaluation done, the Gmate Covid-19 Antigen Saliva Home Kit has a sensitivity of 95% and the Specificity of 98% based on a study of 620 samples.
3. When should I use the test?
- 7 days since the onset of the symptoms.
- When you have been to high-risk locations.
- When you have developed symptoms such as cough, flu, fever, difficulty breathing, tastelessness and any symptoms pertaining to the Covid-19 virus.
- As a precaution and peace of mind.
4. I accidentally spit too much saliva into the saliva collection kit, does it affect the accuracy?
No, it doesn’t. However do not spit lesser than the recommended amount into the saliva collection kit.
5. Should I put all the reagent into the saliva collection kit?
Yes, please drop all the reagent into the saliva collection kit.
6. I have accidentally exposed the test kit to high heat in my car, will the kit still be accurate?
The storage condition of the kit needs to be at 20ºc to 30 ºc and heat will affect the accuracy of the test. In that case, please purchase a new kit.
7. Should I store the test kit in the fridge?
No, just store it in a cool place at home where it is around 20ºc to 30 ºc.
8. What should I do if I am positive?
- Tell a healthcare provider about your positive test result and stay in contact with them during your illness. If your illness becomes severe, seek medical attention. To avoid spreading the virus to others, follow KKM Recommendations.
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home or place of residence. If possible, you should use a separate bathroom. If you need to be around other people or animals in or outside of the home or place of residence, wear a mask. Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils. Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
- Tell your close contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. An infected person can spread COVID-19 starting 48 hours (or 2 days) before the person has any symptoms or tests positive. By letting your close contacts know they may have been exposed to COVID-19, you are helping to protect everyone.
9. I accidentally spilled the saliva and reagent mixture, what should I do?
Clean the surface with a disinfectant solution and leave to dry. Purchase a new test kit.
10. If I did not shake 20 times and press 20 times, or I have lost count, what should I do?
Shake another 20 times and press another 20 times and proceed with the rest of the steps.
11. Can this test be performed on kids?
Yes, it can be performed on kids.
12. Does this test kit detect the variations of Covid-19 virus?
Yes, it does detect the current variations of the Covid-19 virus.
13. What if my test is invalid?
Take a picture of the test kit and contact us directly via WhatsApp (+6019-2822989) or drop us an email to email@example.com.